Last Updated: May 9, 2008
1. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. Organization is concerned about the safety and privacy of children online. We make commercially reasonable efforts to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13, and kids known to be under the age of 13 are prohibited from becoming members. It is possible, however, that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information from children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or else delete the information from our servers. Organization encourages parents to monitor and participate in your kids’ activities on the Internet. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by e-mailing us.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? The Site has areas and features where you submit and/or where we collect your Personally Identifiable Information, as well as Personally Identifiable Information relating to third parties – such as your child (a participant) or his/her other guardians. To the extent that you provide us with this information, you represent and warrant that you have the right to do so.
You can visit certain areas of the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personally Identifiable Information (unless you choose to transact business or to request or supply information through the Site).
If you register to become a member of the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information. Information we may request includes, among other information, your name, contact and billing information, as well as information about the participant (that may vary by type of program), including certain physical attributes, school information, age and relevant experience. This information enables us to operate the Site and provide the services you have requested. For example, as a member, you may receive updated information from us about sports programs (such as schedules for tryouts), and can transact business through the Site (such as registering your child to try out for team, or buying a uniform online). If you choose not to provide the requested Personally Identifiable Information, you will not be able to access or use the Member Areas.
3. HOW DO WE USE OR SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Third-Party Providers. Organization may engage third parties to assist Organization in managing certain functions associated with the Site, such as hosting the Site, processing payments or performing IT maintenance services. For example, when you transmit credit card information, you may be automatically connected with a third party who will receive your credit card information and secure such information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the credit card information you input. Although we seek to restrict third-party service providers from using any Personally Identifiable Information received from Organization for any purpose other than to facilitate transactions being conducted through the Site, Organization is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, including, without limitation, any negligence or misconduct on the part of third parties receiving your credit card or other information.
Use or Disclosure of Health and Medical Information. We (including our staff, volunteers or independent contractors) may have access to, use or disclose health or medical information about a participant in order to try to avoid unnecessarily dangerous medical or health situations. For example, if your child breaks an arm during a game and you are not there, we may be able to expedite treatment with additional information. Or, it would be helpful for a coach to know that a participant has asthma. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ORGANIZATION NOR ANY OF OUR PARTNERS, PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR AGENTS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HEALTH OR MEDICAL SAFETY OF ANY PARTICIPANT.
Sports Associations. In operating the Site, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to state and/or national sport associations. In addition, we, the state or national sport associations or other trusted third parties may use such information alone or in combination with other information to improve the local, state and national sport programs, to alert your family to events, services or products that we or they think may interest you, or for marketing research.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT PRIVACY.
Cookies and Other Technological Tracking Tools. The Site may use a feature of your browser to set a “cookie” on your computer. Cookies are small packets of information placed on a user’s computer hard drive. Essentially, a cookie serves as a user’s “identification card” for the computer or server that placed the cookie on the user’s hard drive. The purpose of using cookies is to enhance your experience using the Site. We use session cookies, which expire when a user closes the browser in which the Site was viewed. As with all cookies, users can personalize their browser settings to reject session cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may be unable to use certain Site services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. The Site automatically tracks certain information about each visitor to the Site. This information is not associated with individuals in a personally identifiable manner. For example, we track the browser type, operating system, IP address, referring page or site, the total number of your visits to the Site, which pages you visit on the Site and how long you spend there. Organization uses this data to improve the Site, for product development and for other business purposes. Organization may share with third parties aggregated statistics or other tracking data derived from the Site, but only in a way that does not reveal your individual identity to third parties. Collecting this tracking data is a standard practice on the Internet.
Data Security. Organization takes reasonable steps to protect the information that you share with us from loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration. For example, only select Organization staff, volunteers and independent contractors have access to Personally Identifiable Information provided by Organization members through the Member Areas. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive personal and financial data to and from the Site. Unfortunately, however, security breaches can occur even if reasonable steps are taken to prevent such breaches; for example, we cannot guarantee that information you provide through the Site will not be illegally accessed on our servers or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Please contact us if you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site.
There are no events at this time.
- Braves on cusp of NL East title after sweep of Mets
- Postseason watch: Bracket, tiebreakers, more
- Padres nab Wild Card: 'Best moments are yet to come'
- Triple Crown watch: Judge's AVG slips after 3 K's
- Pujols hits HR No. 702 in final regular-season at-bat in St. Louis